Monday, September 21, 2009
Why are people so great?!
So Lane told me last Sunday to reserve two hours on Thursday for a surprise. I hate surprises when I know about them, yet I love them so so much! So Thursday rolls around and Lane comes to pick me up. He refuses to tell my roommates where we're going and what we're doing. We get in the car and start driving... and driving... The whole time I'm trying to figure out what in the world is going on! We pull off of the road to a cute country home and Lane says, "hello Sister Saunders!" This is Curtis, our married friends house. I am thinking, "what in the world is here?!" I look to the right of the house and Allison, Curtis' wife is standing there with a horse saddled and ready to ride! I completely flipped. I love horses more than anything in my life. Why would Lane do this for me? Why would Allison? What? aaahh! I was in a dress and Allison immediately said, "lets just change outfits cause you can't ride it in that." How is she so great just to switch our clothes like that??? Lane and I hopped on to Chase, the horse and I honestly couldn't have felt more joy than I did riding that horse! We had a blast talking about our perfect days, catching up on life, enjoying each others company, etc. It had to end fairy quick because I had a class to attend but as we walked around their little farm we saw six new little kittens, three cows, gathered eggs from the chicken coop, and picked cantaloupe and raspberries from one of their three gardens. It was such a perfect two hours! I don't know how/why Lane took two hours off work to take me riding, and why Allison was so sweet to let us! I feel so blessed to have incredible friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment