Monday, September 21, 2009
Stolen Purse
Why am I so blessed? This question runs through my head multiple times daily and I can never seem to come up with an answer. My roommates and I took dates, along with about 20 other people went to a DEMOLITION DERBY!!! Wow, I was sure lovin my life! We had so so much fun, our dates were amazing, crazy, fun, silly and exciting. We saw some pretty sweet crashes, enjoyed them red necks, and took in every moment of the small town feel. We decided to go two hours early to ensure we had excellent seats. We chose front and center along the back row of the bleachers. We stood up where our toosh was supposed to be and placed all our bags on the foot holding right below us. Towards the end of the show my date Thomas asked, "do you want to hold your purses? I'm afraid someone might steal them as they leave." I replied, "yeah that is a good idea but I think i'm okay... Thanks though." Little did I know, less than 10 minutes later someone snatched my purse, and my purse only. We began our frantic search for the purse that held my life in it. It was no where to be found. Little blessings started popping up along the way. First, I had an amazing date that searched in and out of every car in the parking lot, looked through garbage cans, and behind walls. He wouldn't give up. Second, I didn't have my car keys in there because my date drove instead of myself. Third, my most prized possessions weren't stolen... My phone, my camera, and my cowboy hat. Honestly, Heavenly Father was looking out for me. After the desperate search for a while I broke down and sobbed. Maddie found me and offered a sincere prayer to Heavenly Father with myself crying in her arms. At moments like this, I feel the Holy Ghost testifying that this is Christs true church. We continued to search, but got no luck. I left my name and number with the concession stand in case they found it and we took off. We drove home, Xander called and I lost it. I could hardly breathe because of the stress I felt. As I was talking to him my phone beeped in a call. It was area code 208-- which is Idaho area code. It was the concessions and they had found my wallet. The only thing missing was cash! I had about $40 but my debit card, my I-card and everything else was intact. I don't even know how I got to be so blessed. All I know is I know Heavenly Father is watching out for me... always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment