Thursday, September 17, 2009

Potater Land!


I love it in Idaho. I don't know how I got to be so blessed. It has been a constant go go go go go! My roommates are amazing. We've come up with a family system for all of us. Summer, from last semester, is the baby of the family because she's so naive and sweet. She is a bit shy with a group of people but she's getting SOOO much better! I love to laugh and giggle with her about anything and everything. Our goal with her right now is to get her a boyfriend and get kissed!!! Okay maybe her momma wouldn't be too happy with that but she secretly wants it =)She is genuinely a doll and a stud magnet too! Last week she had FOUR dates! All of them return missionaries (ooolala!) Summy's Roommate is Emily Leihieken (something like that) It's said like mcain but Lakain. She is the crazy, rambunctious, fun, spazzy, the loud aunt or sister. She is such a hoot and a hollar! She is from Cali and super energetic. She always has stories to tell and is always a laugh around the house. She loves to use the words like fo-shizzle in almost every sentence.Summys kept a count and over 3 days its been 67 times . Emily tends to shorten her words like presh for precious, def for definitely, BTW- by the way, FML- Freak my life, OMG- oh my gosh, Holla! and calls Maddie and my boy home boy alllll the time. She's hilarious! She's definitely a breath of fresh air! Maddie is the cute, loving, friendly sister. She genuinely cares for everyone but is hilarious and has funny little words she says like huurrrr for hair and has a bit of her own Cali accent. She and I have bonded a ton and I am amazed at what a tender mercy from the Lord she is in my life. My roommates all dubbed me mother of the apartment. Mostly because of the way I speed walk which makes me "look like a mom." I am a woman on a mission!

We've been havin a party! Sunday night we had about 25 people squished into our little apartment to watch Evan All Mighty! It was non-stop chatter and we ended up playing games outside. We've been playing with our I-team boys... what a hoot! As freshmen the first few days we were put into groups according to our location and made some really good friends. We're all so similar and so different we have a ball whenever we're together.
Our recent activities have been star gazing in Chans' truck, G's INCREDIBLE custard shop, hiking Snake river mountain with our I-Team which was a 30 minute bus ride, 15 minute hike, and then waited for a hour for our buses then 30 minutes back. It was way fun and we got to bond a ton! That evening Alex, Summers potential invited us to hike R mountain. We had oodles of fun meeting and getting to know new, studly, men. We got to meet Kirby Heyborne for a comedy show on campus!
We have our first devotional today by President and Sister Clark, the president and wife of the campus! I'm so excited. Classes are going amazing,

No comments:

Post a Comment